Flowerbomb | Coat your Goat Cheese Workshop



If you know me, you know I adore cheese (especially charcuterie boards for picnics). So of course I couldn't refuse an invitation from the French Cheese Board to to the coat your goat cheese workshop. I had a lot of fun at this hands on and informative event.












(Photographs above are by Lydia Lee)


(Footage of me in my reel is taken by Carlos D)

While our host John taught us a bit of the history behind cheese, we sampled various goat cheese from the regular Chèvre to ashed rind cheese. They let us get creative by inviting us to add different ingredients to the cheese such as French lavender honey, apricot jam, preserved blueberry, truffle, sprinkles and rose petals, completed on top of crackers. Each cheese had it's own taste and texture which John also talked us through. Combined with the delicious components, goat cheese made the perfect pairing to bubbly brut champagne. 

(above photo credit Mousumi/Museumi)



After the mini lesson, we were tasked to create goat cheese with our own flair. We rolled them on bamboo mats, then sprinkled and dusted all sorts of ingredients to our heart's content. Of course I had to stick true to my aesthetics - I did an explosion of overflowing rose petals and a dash of gold glitter (or should I say fairy dust) onto my goat cheese. To add different flavors, I smothered each log with variations of honey and jam and completed it with herbs and powdered honey for texture and taste. I wanted a medley of sweet, floral and fruity taste while having a cohesive, whimsical look in my box. Although I have no culinary skills, this was a really enjoyable event and gave me the perfect idea for future picnics!





(Last four of the cheese photos were taken by yours truly)



0 comments:

 

Facebook.

follow my blog!