ephemeral | cherry blossoms

əˈfem(ə)rəl/
adjective

lasting for a very short time


The ephemeral beauty of cherry blossoms is probably what makes them so enchanting. You'll want to cherish its beauty while it lasts, before they all fall to their demise.

Something ephemeral is also terrifying, you'll never know when the time is up. Like Sara from 'Prison Break' said "I don't like getting attached to things if I know they won't last." One of my human flaws is that I tend to get attached to things and people easily.

After some experiences this year, I learnt to be like Sara. Every experience in life is a chance to learn something new, isn't it? By not getting attached or just having low expectations, I can protect myself from getting hurt. What she said is true, it's not about being cynical, but being realistic. One of my friends said it's better to just know what you value in life, which is true as well.

Maybe it's also something we learn as we mature and grow older. Not everything ends like in a fairy tale, and some things are better to let go of than holding on to (easier said than done, but hey, at least I'm trying and acknowledging it). At the same time, it taught me to be even more grateful for those that do stay and support me through my problems. Therefore they are worth investing feelings into, like my family and close friends. I don't know what I'll do without them being there for me, giving me advice and encouraging me to chase my dreams.

With that said, I am glad I had a chance to view the cherry blossom and it's splendor before their season was over. I went with one of my close friends and photographer Sandy, for a nice and breezy day in Brooklyn Botanical gardens. I'm not in black attire for once!

0 comments:

 

follow my blog!

instagram.

Facebook.

about me.

My photo

My passion lies within fashion! I love every aspect of it - from styling, designing, creating, shooting to even the details of makeup and accessory. This blog is for me to share with everyone my journey through all these hobbies (and work!) of mine. Hope you'll enjoy browsing my #10seclookbooks, photography and creations :)

subscribe.