ephemeral | cherry blossoms

əˈfem(ə)rəl/
adjective

lasting for a very short time


The ephemeral beauty of cherry blossoms is probably what makes them so enchanting. You'll want to cherish its beauty while it lasts, before they all fall to their demise.

Something ephemeral is also terrifying, you'll never know when the time is up. This taught me to be even more grateful for those that stays and support me through my problems. Therefore they are worth investing feelings into, like my family and close friends. I don't know what I'll do without them being there for me, giving me advice and encouraging me to chase my dreams.

 "If you went back and fixed all the mistakes you've made, you'd erase yourself." — Louis C.K. 

Something else I've learnt this year is to not regret your mistakes and take each as a learning experience. Rather than dwelling on failures, just think of what you can do better the next time around. After getting out of toxic relationships, I'm able to cherish someone who treasures me more because of all the roller coaster of emotions I've been through. So I don't regret those relationships, I take each as a lesson.

With that said, I am glad I had a chance to view the cherry blossom and it's splendor before their season was over. I went with one of my close friends and photographer Sandy, for a nice and breezy day in Brooklyn Botanical gardens. I'm not in black attire for once!

0 comments:

 

Facebook.

follow my blog!