Girl's Day Something | Look


While being snowed in and browsing Facebook, I saw a post from a Korean entertainment site I follow that posted the release of Girl's Day "Something" MV. I saw their teasers popping out the past few days, and I was intrigued by the styles they wore. It was really up my alley. In the MV, I really liked Yura and Hyeri's make up, so I ran to my vanity table and tried to copy it. (OK I don't really know any of their names because I don't follow this group, so I cheated and googled it hehe) I realized my favorite look on myself was Hyeri, which was a surprise as I don't usually like sporting a short hair look. 

Here is the photo I used for reference.
Please don't judge too harshly on my version. I took all the photos myself, and focusing at arm's length was quite difficult haha. I found out that I'm not very good at angling myself with my DSLR, so this was my best effort :D I was going to film, but I'm sure it will be out of focus so I did a pictorial instead. Watch it below!


Face Products
Milky Tinted Sunscreen
Jill Stuart Loose Powder 
Real Techniques Buff Brush
L'Oreal Visible Lift Concealer

Eyebrows
Etude House Eyebrow Pencil Shade #1
day keep Eyebrow Powder
KATE Eyebrow Mascara BR-1

Eyes
POP Naturally bare Eyeshadow Trio (I got this from ipsy)
Urban Decay Anmo Palette (Smog & Chopper color)
KATE Liquid Eyeliner
Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner in Black
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in 28E and 20E
Demi Falsies that goes Short to Long
Doly Wink Lash Glue
DIORSHOW Volume Mascara

Lips
POP Rose Romance Lip Crayon (I got this from ipsy)
PIXI Magic Tink Tint (I got this from ipsy)
Covergirl Lipstick in Spellbound and Euphoria
Revlon Lipstick in Stormy Pink

The reason why I really wanted to do it, was as you can see from all their promotional photos, their outfits is totally right up my alley. I love the cream, white and black outfits (hellooo crop tops ;D), I have a lot of similar outfits to these. But I really dislike the red lace assemble... I don't know it looks like birds exploded on their red dress, sorry. Or the feather on their pinky.

The song itself was catchy because its repetitive, but other than that it and their dance reminds me too much of SISTAR's "Alone". However I do enjoy the instrumental, especially as I was editing. Anyways, let's just focus on the pretty ombre lips, and pretty costumes shall we?



My favorite shot. This is so elegant!
Got a dress like this ;)
Got a bra, top, shorts and tights like this... lol 


I love mirror shots, reminds me of my Vegas shots
Errr... what...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering this is your first pictorial, I think it's great! You already know what you need to work on, in terms of the visual quality, but I really like how you broke down your steps and drew additional steps to make what you did clearer. I'm horrible at knowing where to start/end lines so the extra diagrams are really helpful for me lol XD Looking forward to seeing more pictorials from you =D

 

Facebook.

follow my blog!