Exhibit | CHANEL N°5 IN A NEW LIGHT


Think you know all about the iconic N°5 fragrance? Well, at this Meatpacking exhibit, you get a first hand experience on an in-depth lesson of the renowned perfume through a sensorial journey.




First, hear Coco Chanel whisper to you about her secrets of the perfume.


Turn a corner, and you get to interact with two pools of flower petals from the middle floral fragrances of the perfume - rose and jasmine. As you wave your arms above the water, the petals give way to facts about the cultivation of the flowers, such as "N°5 uses only May rose from Grasse, France, known as the birthplace of perfumery."


Then hear the sounds of the composition. Wave your arms over lights, each creates a different music notes that also bounces the corresponding note onto the wall. It also makes you look like you're about to be abducted by aliens! Floral scented aliens.



Abstraction was a beautiful visual masterpiece of pexiglass coated in different colors. With a singular beam of light, it creates various lines against the wall.


Lastly, you'll finally be really abducted by the aliens (Chanel aliens!) by walking into a HUGE Chanel N°5 shaped portal... Just kidding! You get greeted by the scent of the perfume through the N°5 shaped cutout.

After the 10 minute exhibit, model looking brand ambassadors will walk you through four variations of the N°5 perfume. You also get to take home a small vial sample! Although the journey was certainly entertaining, the best part was creating your own postcards to send to friends or take home! I think I went overboard making different postcards hahahaha... my poor friend that accompanied me asked me if I wanted takeout since we planned on pizza after the exhibit!


It was certainly a fun experience, interacting with different stations to learn about this classic fragrance you always hear references about, but might not know the history and story behind it. You also get a treat of beautiful rose petals floating on black screens to create the bottle itself, or use it as a backdrop for selfies! If this exhibit pops up in your area in the future, definitely check it out!

0 comments:

 

follow my blog!

instagram.

Facebook.

about me.

My photo

My passion lies within fashion! I love every aspect of it - from styling, designing, creating, shooting to even the details of makeup and accessory. This blog is for me to share with everyone my journey through all these hobbies (and work!) of mine. Hope you'll enjoy browsing my #10seclookbooks, photography and creations :)

subscribe.