Josie Maran Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick in Playful Pink

I was invited by a friend to attend Martha Stewart's American Made Market event on Thursday, October 17, 2013 since she worked there. I was mainly convinced by her because Josie Maran's makeup artists would be there to give free makeovers.


I arrived just when they were finishing and packing up so missed out having one of their makeup artist giving me a make over, but my friend who worked there saved a lipstick sample for me. It's the first Josie Maran product I've used. I heard about her but never tried out her items.

Josie Maran Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick in Playful Pink
The packaging is really sleek and beautiful. I love the rose gold tube. And even the lipstick itself is really cute - the layer of Argan oil around the lipstick color core. Not only is the product's look beautiful, but the actual product on is beautiful.


As you can see my lips before is dry, and when applied only on the bottom lips you can see the difference already. When applied on the full lips, it makes it juicy and glossy. It really does what it says shine of a gloss and moisturizing benefits of a balm. The only thing I don't think it really does is the high pigmentation of lipstick. Maybe the pink color is closer to my lips so I don't see a difference. Either way I do love how it makes my lips look and feel!


It looks almost the same when lined up with my Canmake and Estee Lauder lipsticks. However, it is the most glossy one out of the three. The Canmake was really dry and hard to put on, while Estee Lauder was smooth to putt on but more matte finish.

I loved the lipstick, but it is $22 for full so I'm not sure if I would buy another one, unless there is a color I really want to get (which is a nudy peachy coral!!!).

Here is photos from the rest of the event.

Decorative hole punching table. The butterflies are so fun and cute!
Toyota was one of the sponsors and you get free candy and totebag.
A NYC coffee shop offered free cups of coffee to try and it was pretty good.
And of course, Mathra Stewart's book signing time!
Overall it was a fun and relaxing event. 

0 comments:

 

Facebook.

follow my blog!