Beauty | IPSY January 2015 Bag


I really love IPSY monthly bags! I get to try 5 different products each month, and the recent bags has makeup I would actually use. So I decided to finally get off my lazy butt and do a review of it! This month's features a makeup bag that is blue one one side, and white on the other, with a contrasting orange zipper.



A full size of Hey Honey Take it Off (a clever name for a exfoliating honey peel off mask for all skin type) is $35 for 50 mL, making this deluxe sample $7 for 10 mL. It has very light scent, and was easy to peel off unlike some other peel offs I've used before. It's a clear gel formula and did not irritate my skin. After peeling it off, my skin felt smoother and moisturized. Can't say if it really exfoliated, but overall a good product to bring with me to travel.


I LOVEEE the Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow brush. It's such a cute pink brush, but not only is it pleasing to the eyes, it feels nice against it too! The bristles are soft and picks up eyeshadows really well. I'm thinking of ordering some as back up. I love it!



The name of the Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow I got certainly suits me - ethereal! It's a beautiful shimmery nude, and is more pigmented than I thought it would be. It's a great color for the base. I liked that it's natural and doesn't contain a lot of those scary chemicals many makeup do. It also has coconut water, which gives it that creamy texture and look. It reminds me of Stila's Kitten Eyeshadow.



In the jar, BelláPierre's Shimmer Powder in Whesek looks like it would be really dark gray, making it a color I usually wouldn't go buy. To my happy surprise, it's a beautiful soft gunmetal! I'm so glad I got this unique shade, it's really beautiful! I also don't usually buy shimmer powders as they are more messy to deal with, but since it's such a pretty color, I'll deal with it :P


Lastly, to finish the look, I received Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer. It comes in a toothpaste like tube with a slanted edge for easy application. I like the packaging as it's more sanitary than if it was in a tin or jar. It has a light and lovely floral fragrance, and goes on a bit thick and sticky, but not heavy. However, it really did moisturize and soften my chapped lips since it contains vitamin E, shea butter and jojoba oil. It also had a slight pink tint, and combined with the shine and plumpness it creates, it makes a great replacement for a lip gloss. 

I'm very happy with this month's IPSY monthly bag! I hope if you join, you'll like the items too. They are getting better and better :)

0 comments:

 

Facebook.

follow my blog!